Story of a passionate admirer of water | By Sonal Jain


Famous waterfall in india 

This story is all about how a little girl grew up to be the biggest admirer of water. It begins in 2006-2007 when the first time I saw a waterfall. I was 8 years old, my parents took me for my first trip, Gokak Falls in Karnataka. 

Best Waterfall in Karnataka
Our First Trip to Gokak Falls 

Honestly, I do not remember how I reacted, but I can imagine what my reactions could have been. Waterfalls clearly have the most mesmerizing views, and they can captivate your senses. But as I grew up and my encounters with water increased, my admiration for water bodies has seen no bounds ever since then. 

Sibling goals caption

The beginning of Forever 

Well, that title is exactly what I am going to put out here and with all my heart I can say this is the best forever I could ask for. I learned how to swim when I was 4 years old. As they say, it is an important skill to learn, I am happy to have learned it young and always ready to dive into the water world when I get a chance. 


Whenever and wherever I have traveled, the first thing I would search was is there any water body there? From Lakes to Waterfalls, from Rivers to Beaches, I have been the biggest admirer of water. This is a feeling I can never put words. The peace and tranquillity I feel after being nearby a water body is unparalleled. 

Sahastradhara falls Dehradun
Sahastradhara Falls, Dehradun


       

Robber's Cave Dehradun History
Robber's Cave, Dehradun


Pisces: A Water Sign | Fantasy v/s Reality 

My sun sign is Pisces and that itself should explain my attraction towards the water. I am a true believer of sun signs and Pisces are considered water signs. I consider myself the fish of the ocean that wants to swim deeper and deeper in the world of water when I am close to it. 

Waterfall near me
Admirer of Water 

Smile quotes
Happy Water Soul


Water signs

"The literal meaning of Pisces means two fishes swimming in the opposite direction which symbolizes the attention span of a Pisces human and their constant switch between dream and reality".

 To this, I would say that there have been countless dreams wherein I am making a beach house for myself or traveling to every waterfall in this world or rafting my way through the water streams or deep-sea diving with water life.


I get such happy dreams very often, but not all these water dreams were always pleasant. Sometimes I have some harsh dreams of drowning in the water but then since I consider myself a child of the ocean, it helps me sail through it. All these are fantasy encounters that I have, and they all have been very strong to date. All these may seem cooked-up stories, but they are not. They are fantasies, not stories. They are dreams that you cannot control but can take a sign. 

Tungabhadra Dam Story
Tungabhadra Dam Karnataka

Dal Lake Shikara
Dal Lake, Kashmir



Nainital Lake Mall Road
Nainital Lake

Heartfelt stories of a water lover 

Beaches in Goa, lakes in Udaipur, and waterfalls in mountain areas all have been in my memory book so far. I have been to Goa beaches about 6-7 times and every time it has been a different experience. Beaches are so soothing and offer you the best sunsets. 

Best sunset in Goa
Sunset in Goa


I have lived in Udaipur for 3 years which is known to be a city of lakes. The best 3 years of life because I could witness these lakes right in front of my eyes anytime I want. Evenings at Lake Pichola and hot coffee at Fatehsagar lake were cherry on the cake.

Lake Pichola Boat Ride
Lake Pichola Boat Ride, Udaipur






Jog Falls in Karnataka, known to be the 2nd highest plunge waterfall in India offered some really mesmerizing views. With mist all around, this place is a perfect photography spot.

Jog Falls Karnataka
Jog Falls, Karnataka 








Boat rides in Ganga river, Varanasi in 2019 were a delight. A huge boat ride around the river belts was super fulfilling and the calmness it offered was very superficial.

Varanasi River
Sunset in Varanasi on Ganga River

Boating on the Ganges in Varanasi
Boat ride on River Ganga 

My recreational activities in Water

Now that it has been established, I do not fear water, there are plenty of activities that I have done that takes me closest to water.

1.      Snorkeling- One of the most fulfilling experiences I have had so far. About 14 years ago when we were at a beach in Maharashtra, that was the first time we heard of Snorkelling in India. We were in a huge group and all of us had two options. Either to go snorkeling or go visit a fort. I instantly said Snorkelling and that was clearly our best decision. To be able to witness the underwater world so closely was a dream come true. Those little fishes touching you, beautiful corals, and sea plants around you make you feel so lively. The world underwater is extremely beautiful.

      Para-sailing- This was also a very thrilling and adventurous experience and something I tried for the first time. The best part about parasailing is quick dips in the water right in the middle of the ride.     



      River Rafting – A super adventurous water sport and one of the most terrifying sport too. It was in Rishikesh in 2015 and what a blast it was. The super-fast water streams, the cold-water dip in the middle of your ride and such an adventure is always a fun memory to have.

3.      Jet ski- In 2019 on a trip to Goa, I tried jet-ski for the first time, and what a thrilling experience it was. It was so difficult to take control even though the instructor was alongside you. That huge ocean scares you at times.

4.     

5.     Deep-sea diving- Goa in 2019 was my most favorite trip till day because I got to experience something I always wanted to. Floating right in the middle of that gigantic ocean was nothing but all my fantasies coming true. I went with my family and about 11 of us went for the deep-sea diving. Out of all these 11, only my heart knew what it was going to feel. It was true love at first sight. We went on a boat with our life jackets, suddenly in the middle of nowhere, he said one by one JUMP.  

Deep sea diving in Goa

That was it, my biggest fantasy was coming to reality. I could feel myself to be alone in the gigantic ocean even after having 11 people around me. I left my arms open; I had the life jacket on, I put all my inhibitions aside and just enjoyed the precious 15 minutes of my life. I could see nothing but water all around. I was in water heaven that day if that is even a thing.


These were only a few words of gratitude I had for my most favorite habitat in the world. Every time I am near a water body, I feel super lively, happy, and calm. My admiration for water brings me unparalleled joy. This was a little story of my heart and a true representation of what I feel. I also have made a collection of few videos of different water places I have been to. Watch it in the given link below. 

Watch the video here to find out my true Soulmate

Make my trip


Thank you for Reading! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Hope you liked it.

Popular posts from this blog

Why Life Through lenses? by Sonal Jain

Never say no to a Ladakh Trip-by Sonal Jain